Jay
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

terroir blues/saw wheel.

View previous topic :: View next topic  

what do you think of terroir blues?
farrar at his finest.
85%
 85%  [ 6 ]
this makes me kind of sad.
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

rjc.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:41 pm    Post subject: terroir blues/saw wheel. Reply with quote

hello everyone.

i'm new to this board.

i just wanted to post a poll and also a link to an mp3 by my band, saw wheel. it's acoustic, country-ish, folk-punk in the vein of uncle tupelo or rumbleseat.

let me know what you think.

http://www.mosquitoinc.org/sawwheel/music.html

thanks!

rj.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
saratoga jay

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's up with the Mark Twain quote? Are you from Hannibal? By the way, I like your logo picture on your link. Looks like a dream home....away from everybody.
saratoga jay

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Saw Wheel...Is this poll an effort to compare Jay's work to yours? I hope not, but it would definitely not surprise me. The music business/life can be frustrating and confusing. It can be hard to figure it all out. I do wish you luck in your musical pursuits, but Terroir Blues is just one of many high points in Jay's overall body of work. What I find most confusing is choice #2 in your poll. It makes us sad that we do not like the cd Terroir Blues, or it is sad that someone would question if real fans could somehow ever be saddened by his underappreciated, high-quality musical artistry? Just curious...
Alexa

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The poll does need more options...life is more complicated that cut and dried answers.
rjc.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey saratoga jay.

i should have made this poll in a different post, but it was my first post, and i was trying to kill two birds with one stone. i'm sincerely interested in what other farrar fans think about the new record. personally, i was left feeling a little dissapointed. i think that the record has some good points, but overall i feel it lacks a lot of the substance of his previous efforts.

by the way, i meant "this kind of makes me sad" in the sense of "man, i sure do wish this record were a little better." anyways, i'm not trying to talk shit, just curious.

thanks for the well-wishes, but i never intend to get myself tied-up in the business aspect of music. this is just something i do for fun.

also, i can't really take credit for the image on my homepage. it's a bit of found poetry.

later.

rj.

ps. i'm not from hannibal, i'm from mississippi.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
rjc.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i originally had three choices on here, but it didn't use the last one for some reason.

rj.
Long Slow Fade

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My initials are rjc and I'm from from MS myself. A kindred spirit? Welcome to the board.
loosestring

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Mark Twain lived in more places than just Hannibal... Confused Laughing
rjc.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks lsf. how long have you been in oxford? i just moved from starkville to cleveland. originally, i'm from greenwood though.

rj.
rgk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i must be technically disabled...not sure how to answer your poll. But...I agree, we need a few more options. I can't say anything Jay does makes me sad. TB is in the CD player all the time...but I absolutely miss the louder side of Jay's work. The new CD has made me go back and relisten to Son Volt for some reason. I'll have to check out your link now....
rjc.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for checking out the link.

it's been a while since i've listened to my son volt albums. i've been on a big uncle tupelo kick for the last few months.

anyone have any good live recordings of UT?

rj.
Long Slow Fade

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey rjc. Been in Oxford for two years. From Greenville originally. Going to DSU in Cleveland? That's my old stomping grounds. I know a few folks from Greenwood. Not a bad town. Better than my hometown at least.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jay Farrar Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: