Jay
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brent Best Solo Record - Investment Project
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grifterwithafunnylittleha

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: Brent Best Solo Record - Investment Project Reply with quote

Hi Lovers!

Does anybody have an update or insider knowledge on Brent Best's progress on his kitchen recording/solo project?

Been awhile now, and I'm just wondering how the sounds are coming along.

The latest news via the Slobberbone website is below. Tony the drumber is hilarioso!!!!

Love,
TwinBin

---------------------------Here's the latest:

May 1, 2011 (3:00am)
I write you tonight beside the television, a big, big, big, bottle of cheap wine beside me, and an ice pack on my nether region. The matter of which I am writing has been bestowed on me with great importance. In addition Mister Brent has been found unavailable, as he is devilishly trying to deliver his first solo recording event to his investors (we hope).
So it goes to me, your faithful, yet humble drumber to deliver this message to you. If you have been at our website, slobberbone.com, you no doubt know of our pending mini-tour of the Midwest and upper Mid-west states. If by chance you have been parleyed this message via electronic mail you have good friends and still need to visit slobberbone.com.
As I know very few of you can handle the impending news much longer, perhaps thinking of moving on to a site which features scantily clad or clad-less ladies (or men) partaking in lewd sexual acts, I give you this message:
The proceeds of afore-mentioned mini-tour, as well as the merchandise sales will go to the funding of the next full-length recording. So we would appreciate your attendance at these shows. Then we will attempt to make an album that will make you say, "Dang!" How proud you will be upon listening to its perhaps majestic (or not) songs and say, "I helped make this!" We feel that we can move in this new direction with your love and support. And Booze.
For in all things, Love and Hearts and Booze prevail.
Come and join us,
Tony the Drumber
SPIKE

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

facebook

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spikertins,

As one of my favorite political operatives says:

WRONG ANSWER

No FACEBOOKing in Pony's camp since '09 or ten right around this time.

What's the skinny?

Love,
Pony

p.s. Be real. Social networks cloud the issue of fact.
SPIKE

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I feel your frustration, as I myself have invested a considerable amount in this project (and by considerable I mean, consider the source,) I must try to answer without telling tales out of school.

As far as I know it is as the website states. There has been a marrige and a move and in addition to the loss of a loved one, there was also the tragic loss of the Transient Camp studio in a freak bulldozer accident and with it my job as HVAC technician/stalker.

Those closeest to him answer, "It's in pre-production." I have already used that one on this board.

My new answer is lifted from a lyric based on a true story about a guy who is lazy. While he has all the songs, I can only imagine that the dynamic in which they were created has changed so much that he hesitates to record them lest the result become askewed and therefore: He's waitin' for that single perfect point in time to give 'em all a try.

...ahh that's true mutherf*ckers!

Pony, I didn't realize you were one of the lucky few to be released from the Borg collective. Apparently resistance is not futile!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Spikey Spikertins!

It's all good. I'm sure the recordings will see the light of day at some point. I'm not so worried about when or the coin tossed in the hat as much as hoping everything is okay with Brent and those involved in the events you mention. Life is full of quirks. Mostly, I'm just downright excited about this project!!!

For one, Brent is trying out a new and very cool model for financing recording projects. It's a big responsibility for him, and I bet it's a weird kind of pressure too. The reason I even posted about this again is because I saw that Franz Nicolay is trying this approach as well, and it reminded me of Brent's project. Here's a link:

www.kickstarter.com/projects/625130797/franz-nicolay-do-the-struggle-lp

Cary Hudson did it too: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1062094415/new-cary-hudson-solo-album-seems-to-me?ref=live

What a world we live in now ... <NOT YOU FACEBOOK>

Ponylove
SPIKE

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We must also assume that this will not be just a press-record-on-a-boom-box-acoustic-solo-set like the subject might imply. I imagine it will be a branching out to record with a whole menagerie of talented musicians and cross referencing of bands the likes of which we've never seen but would very much like to. (I personally would like to lock Brent Best, Jay Farrar and John Fogerty in a studio and see what happens...but who would I get to play drums?...oh, Matt Pence...duh!) And those of us who know musicians, and most of us do, know how hard it is to make that kind of magic happen all at once.

Back to facebook. Those of you still in the Matrix...friend, comment, poke!
gdavis5446

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPIKE wrote:

Back to facebook. Those of you still in the Matrix...friend, comment, poke!

I have facebook, but primarily I use it as a reminder as to why I do not talk to these people in real life.
gdavis5446

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has gotten real ugly on another message board forum. Honestly, two years is a long time to wait for a return on investment as they say in the financial sectors.
half-n-half

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gdavis5446 wrote:
This has gotten real ugly on another message board forum.

like how ugly?
gdavis5446

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

half-n-half wrote:
gdavis5446 wrote:
This has gotten real ugly on another message board forum.

like how ugly?

I just stumbled upon it, but there are 18 pages of posts, so I have not read all of them. Somebody said they were going to call their local Action News team and someone else posted they 'just think he's a fat, hairy asshole crook. Maybe they were just joking though. Message boards are funny like that.
Taneytown11

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Brent is a good guy. I asked him face to face about this last April. He told me it was done and good to go. I than facebook him in December , he told me he would send out news at the first of the year. Well we are nearly to march and no update. I'm sorry it doesn't take 3 years to produce something. And again what's the worst is he doesn't update . Brent has made a mess. I'm still a fan and a friend , but this is sorry .
jay's_goatee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna go ahead and agree with the fat, hairy, asshole crook thing.
SPIKE

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gdavis5446

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPIKE wrote:

Brent 'Strongbad' Best
SPIKE

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gdavis5446 wrote:
This has gotten real ugly on another message board forum. Honestly, two years is a long time to wait for a return on investment as they say in the financial sectors.

Proof of Brent Best on his way to the studio to record

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jay Farrar Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: